Fitting Integrated Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!!

Last week my old Hotpoint integrated washing machine packed in after years of good service...

Requested a Hotpoint engineer to come out, which he did but couldn't fix problem due to the age of the machine and parts required now being obsolete..

So they refunded me the call out fee and offered by a discount on a new machine which was a good deal so I took them up on the offer...

They offered me the new version of my existing model... Same dimensions etc...

It arrived and I connected it all up no problem and pushed it back under the counter...levelled it out and made sure the top was flush with the bottom of the counter (including a plastic bracket which fits to the top of the machine)...exactly the same as my old one was fitted...

Everything seemed to be ok until it spins at top speed 1200 (same speed as old model) but in nearly shakes the house down... Don't seem to be able to stop it from shaking without halving the spin speed...

Despite being the same dimensions as the previous model there does seem to be a small gap (visible) between the side of the washer and the wall of the cabinet next to it....should this be tight to prevent any movement? Or am I missing something really simple here?!?! It vibrates so much that I'm worried it's going to damage itself or the rest of the kitchen!!

If it needs to be a snug fit I was thinking of buying some ply and attaching it to the side of the cabinet to remove the gap between it and the washer...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?!?!

Thanks,
B.

Sponsored Links
Did you remove the transit bolts at the back.

Sponsored Links
If you check the top of the appliance, there is good chance you will see a plate or fixing lugs that allow you to fix securely to worktop, normally a couple of screws, sometimes three or four.
Allow for the screw to go into the worktop a good 30mm, but not so much to damage the finished surface of worktop.

Will give screwing it to the work surface a go....thanks

Probably going to sound incredibly stupid here but in the manual there was no mention of transit bolts....there was a large lump of polystyrene holding the drum in place which the manual said to remove...is it possible that there are transit bolts too?!?! Surely the drum wouldn't turn at all if I'd left them in...please tell me I'm not being completely stupid!!

Drum will still turn if bolts left in. Look at the back there's 2 or 4 caps covering them. There 10mm bolts that lock the drum in place to stop it getting damaged during transit.

Yep...they are still in!! What an idiot!!

What are the chances that I've completely ruined it?!?!

Thanks for the help and sorry for wasting everyone's time....

Poss ok. I've done jobs there bolts have been in for a least a month.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back