integrated washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

any information about fitting, siting an integrated washing machine? I am told that the rear needs to go flush to the wall but where does that leave room for piping and electrics?

If base units have service voids why does an integrated machine not allow pipes to run behind?

I have looked for the machine I have ordered but there are no photo's or dimensions of likely available space.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Mick

Sponsored Links
Who told you that , have you googled the make and model post up details and someone might be able to help

The machine is a Smeg model but googling it didn't help with any viewof the rear. The manual isn't terribly helpful either. I will await its arrival and then deal with the requirements face on. A couple of kitchen fitters have told me that there is NO room behind an integrated washer for ANYTHING. Doesn't make sense to me that this would be the case.

Sponsored Links
With an integrated washing machine there is some some void, (not a lot though)
Ideally you should locate the machine close to the sink base, so there are no waste pipes behind the appliance and put the machine waste straight into the sink base, using the sink waste.
If there any waste pipes behind the appliance, the machine will not go back far enough and the decor door will stick forward from the rest of the furniture.
Also, make sure that that there are not plug sockets behind the machine either as this will stop it from going back too.
You should fit either a plug socket or a switched fuse spur inside the sink base and either plug it in there or hard wire it to a flex outlet plate behind the machine and switch the spur on.
Alternatively, if the waste pipe and plug sockets are behind the appliance already, you will have to use extra deep worktop (665mm double postformed and cut the back post form off) and bring the rest of the furniture forward if you have the room.
I hope it all makes sense.
Good luck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back