Fitting JVC KD-G343

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've just bought a JVC KD-G343 CD/MP3 player and went to halfords today to get the iso wiring adapter PC2-08-4 for my car (2000 Fiesta W972 PLJ). However it doesn't fit into the back of the cd player although it looks like it should. Returned the adapter and tried another one but apparently the connectors don't fit as they are only split one-way and should be two-way. I've sent a couple of emails to car audio retailers but has anyone else had this problem? I don't want to do any soldering just want to plug and play. I just don't know which one I definitely need and from where. Cheers

Sponsored Links
Can you tell me what you mean by split one way? Some of those come as one piece and some as two pieces but they both fit.

Sponsored Links
Yeh the one I bought came as one piece but the metal connections inside the plug don't fit into the connectors in the back of the cd player shown in your photo below. The manager in halfords reckoned it was because the connectors in the back of the cd player (which are like little flat blades) aren't compatible with the connections in the plug as they are aligned in the opposite direction, whereas the one in the box with no plug on the end has metal connections that are split in both directions so will accomodate the connectors.

When you bought the stereo, did it come with a plug similar to the one in the picture? It might be one piece but do the same job.
[/img]

Yeh it came with the one in your photo (only in one piece) and this fits perfectly but doesn't have a plug on the other end. It's the extra one I bought which again looks like the one in your photo but with plugs on the other end to connect to my car's wiring that won't fit the back of the cd player so i got my money back

These plugs whether they are one piece or two pieces are all the same. The one you took back should fit into your car as the fittings are all the same, i.e. the pins all go in the same direction. Is this the Ford interface you need?

Sponsored Links
Back