Fitting kitchen unit drawer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Has anyone fitted Blum Tandem Drawers - standard drawbox?
1. I am trying to do mine, pls see pic attached. The drawer front is not flush with the drawer base, is this normal?

I tried the other way round, it doesn't look right as the drawer look shallow, drawer front hangs too far from base and the j profile at the bottom doesn't match with base unit doors.

2. The cabinet is for 3 drawers, one standard at the top and 2 pan drawers. The cabinet looks like been had a machine gun aimed at it, pic below. How do I know which holes to use for each drawer?

Thanks

IMG_4945.jpg

IMG_4945.jpg
IMG_4946.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi,

The drawer front should sit slightly lower than the drawer base, or if you pull the top drawer open, all the others will come with it! ;)

Have a look through these videos and see if that helps. Let us know if it doesn't make sense :)

From memory ( which is bad) I thing the 4 horizontal holes in a row are for draw runners .Draws will look shallow as there is further kit to frame pan draws raising the overall height.

From memory ( which is bad) I thing the 4 horizontal holes in a row are for draw runners .Draws will look shallow as there is further kit to frame pan draws raising the overall height.

It makes sense, 4 in a row for runners.

But I have been given only 4 screws to fix runners runner, guess2 for each side, is that enough? Pic of what screws been left with, 4 runner screws and 4 of 3.5x15mm which are for 1200mm front (2 drawers in one row) , mines is 600mm and are too small for runners. It's the same with pan drawers.

screws.jpg

Sponsored Links
Just use two per side of the larger (correct) screws for now.
For pan drawers filled with heavy pans, you may have to reinforce the runners with extra screws in time.

Thank you @RandomGrinch for the vids and @foxhole for the replies. The drawers are all assembled and perfect but not fitted yet as I think not enough screws supplied, which is unlike Blum?! Both Pan drawerboxes and standard drawbox came with 4 runner screws, whether 2 per runner is enough?

Last edited:
What size screws are they to buy them? Blume assembly instruction doesn't give size just part number 150080
IMG_4948.jpg

IMG_4949.jpg

All done, there were only 2 holes for euro screws per runner so used another two 3.5 x16mm screws for each runner.
Thanks again for the help.
tandem 1 done.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back