Fitting kitchen Wall units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to re-fit the kitchen units I removed from my old kitchen. These were originally fitted (by kitchen fitters) using Plasterboard Self Drill Fixers. Would 4 of these per unit be enough to take the weight of the units? Also the back of each unit had a few blobs of clear sealant looking thing. Would this have been just clear sealant or is there something special on the market for kitchen fitting?

Sponsored Links
is that all they had used before?straight into the plasterboard???

NO WAY JOSE.
do a bit of a search this came up about a week ago with various opinions and advice all of which was doable.

is that all they had used before?straight into the plasterboard???

NO WAY JOSE.
do a bit of a search this came up about a week ago with various opinions and advice all of which was doable.

Yep that's was what they used. The kitchen has been in use and even after taking the screws off; I had to yank the units off the wall. But the wall was plastered not plasterboard (not that it probably makes any difference.)

I'll just go with frame fixers or a combination of fixers and the self drilling stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back