How to Hang Kitchen Wall Units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am fitting new wall units in my kitchen. Its a new set up I have never seen before. Basically its 2 carrier brackets to fit on wall at the right distance and height. Then the cabinet has 2 brackets already fitted to hang on the wall carrier plates. what would be the easiest way to do it.

My original MFI units were attached to wall through the cabinets five minutes each unit was up. This time it's difficult. Could someone help me. Fitting instructions are down right basic not much help. Thanks in advance.

Basecaot

Sponsored Links
I am fitting new wall units in my kitchen. Its a new set up I have never seen before. Basically its 2 carrier brackets to fit on wall at the right distance and height. Then the cabinet has 2 brackets already fitted to hang on the wall carrier plates. what would be the easiest way to do it.
Those pieces of scrap iron are all very well in an ideal world where the walls are good quality masonry, plumb and true. But I live in the real world where walls are sometimes stud, often or not are crumbly, patchy old masonry and aren't often plumb! I tend to throw the metal scrap out and use long hanging rails such as these. I cut a length long enough to run behind the entire run (less any visible ends) and fix it on as an where I can. They are much easier to level than the supplied mickey mouse ones, allow you to fix in more places (spreading the load) and are a great workaround for both stud walling (where the studs may not fall conveniently for your cabinet hangers) and poor grade masonry ones (where the rail fixing screws don't need to be positioned directly in the corner of a cabinet). Granted you do need to notch out the backs of the cabinets to accommodate them, but that's easy with a coping saw or power jigsaw and in any case that bit of "butchery" won't be seen in the finished kitchen. Well worth the small extra expenditure for both amateurs and tradesmen like me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back