Wall Units "Mexican Wave"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently fitting wall units, or trying, unfortunately the walls I am fitting them to which are masonary have been plastered and plastered again and again and now resemble a mexican wave.

Try and picture this please:

The height of the wall units are determined by a 500mm glazed unit standing at 1.2mtrs off of the work top, This unit is solid and screws directly to the wall the wall units are to be hung on. The problem is this, when the wall units are hanging on there brackets and have been leveled and plumbed up, the only part of the wall unit in contact with the actual wall is the middle of the unit, thus at the back we have 10mm gap at the top and the bottom, I cannot scribe the units to the wall as this will alter the alignment of the doors in relation the tall glazed unit, Therefore I am trying to figure out a way I can additonally support the wall units as I don't trust the hanging brackets when the units don't pull tight to the wall.

Any ideas would be great :idea: Cheers

Sponsored Links
if they are rocking on the centre of the cabinets
you have 3 choices!!!
pack out where ever the low points are!!!

sink in /recess the high points

or work with brackets or fitments that allow you to overcome the deviations

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back