Fitting laminated glass in a aluminium framed shop front

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently decorating a shop front that has had 2 windows smashed. The owner is trying to fit the glass himself. The aluminium frame has a bead top & bottom that can be removed. I believe there is a term for this method of fitting the glass called 'push & slide' or something like that. Can anyone advise ?? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Shuffle glaze!

The type with a top bead as well as a bottom are a doddle, its the bottom bead only that get tricky.

Is he struggling?

Shuffle glaze!

The type with a top bead as well as a bottom are a doddle, its the bottom bead only that get tricky.

Is he struggling?

A bit yes :eek:

I presume you slide the glass to one side then pull it away from the frame like a door would open ??

Sponsored Links
With the top and bottom bead out you slide the glass into the groove on one side all the way till it stops, be carefull as it'll be hard against the ali now, the other side should just fall into the frame now, so now slowly slide or shuffle the glass to the other side about 7mm, you should now have about half and half coverage each side, now lift the glass onto packers.

Simples :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back