Fitting Minerva Corner Joint On Straight Edge

Zfr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

I am planning to fit my own Minerva (Solid Surface Worktop), after watching couple of videos.

I have couple of questions:

1. Can I fit the corner joint on the straight edge, rather than cutting male and female joint?
Does male and female joint make a lot of difference to the quality for the joint. Once it has been glued, shouldn't it be fine.

Here I am planning to clean the both edges and give some smooth additional sanding and first dry fit and so on.

2. On the corner joint should I use, biscuit jointer to help the level positioning?

3. On the videos, it didn't show under support for the joint (dog bone screw), isn't this needed for minerva worktop.

Please let me know any ideas, all will be appriciated.

Sponsored Links
Foxhole;

Obviously I watched those videos, but they don’t answer to the above questions. They say you need to do male and female cut, they don’t tell you the details or other options

Not obvious, you did not specify what video you watched.

If you don't cut the joint you have the lip on the edge highlighting the joint.
Video is clear enough to me what do you think is missing?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Foxhole;

Focus on the questions above, if you want to answer is fine, if you don’t the answer to those questions, your answers aren’t helping. You are circulating around video. My questions aren’t answered by that video.

Foxhole;

Focus on the questions above, if you want to answer is fine, if you don’t the answer to those questions, your answers aren’t helping. You are circulating around video. My questions aren’t answered by that video.
As you are struggling to understand video, answers to your 3 questions.

1 No
2 No
3 Not required .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back