Worktop Jig Problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Using a new Unika worktop jig on my last couple of kitchens and noticed the same problem both times. Cut the female joint with a nice square end on the worktop and no problems. Offer in the male section of worktop, mark the cut from underneath as it needed to be a few degrees out of square and proceeded to cut with router.
Now when I offer them together the joint does not meet perfectly, it was tight at the round part of the joint but open at the back. :rolleyes:

I managed to sort it out by re-cutting then male dead sqaure (not a few degrees out to match the wall as before) and hey presto a nice tight joint....and I can get round the out of sqaure walls with the tiling.
With my old jig I had no problems tweaking the male section a little to allow a better fit on out of sqaure walls. Anyone experienced this?

Could it be that I am trying to tweak the male end of the worktop by too much or does it sound like an issue with the jig?

Sponsored Links
If you are cutting out of square both cuts have to be the same degree out of square as the joint itself always has to be square to join.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply foxhole.
In the past I have got away with just adjusting the male cut, albeit less than than the last couple kitchens where I have had well out of square walls. If I went too far then I usually had a problem at the front of the joint, this method does not seem to work with the new jig however.
Do you use a jig the caters for both cuts out of sqaure or just skew a normal jig a little to gain a few degrees?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back