Fitting mirrors to wardrobe doors.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to fit mirror panels to two 24 inch wardrobe doors. This is a built in wardrobe which uses two internal panel doors.
I am undecided whether to use plastic backed glass, acrylic or polycarbonate. Although the last two will be lighter and easier to fit I am not sure about the relective qualities and scratch resistance compared to glass.
I intend to leave a two inch gap on the door faces all round the mirrors and attach with gripfill or double sided tape and in the case of glass have six holes per mirror to use mirror screws. I plan to fit a small moulding around to edge of the mirror to finish it off and also to save paying for the edges to be ground if I go for glass.
Has anybody done this before? I would be grateful for any tips or advice.

Sponsored Links
Use 6mm mirror(glass) with a safety film applied to the back, 4mm would be easier on the hinges but talk to your glazier as it may be a bit fragile.

Use a proper mirror adhesive as the solvents in gripfill etc may affect the mirror backing.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back