Acrylic mirror on back of wardrobe door.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would like to glue to the back of my wardrobe doors two 223cmx39cm acrylic mirror sheet. However, reading the specifications of the acrylic mirror sheets, they're recommended on flat surface only. As you can see on the attached photos of my wardrobe doors they middle is inner/intended. However, the sheets would be glued to the outframe all around (top, bottom, and two sides). Any knows if that would be enough to keep the sheet flat and straight? Or would anyone has an idea what could I do to create a flat surface (glue plywood into the intends)?

Thanks for your help and ideas.
20210310_080019.jpg
20210310_080024.jpg

Sponsored Links
You could use glass?
You could just insert the mirror into the recess? (Smaller mirror)

Or find some sheet material that brings the surface up level. Thin mdf and carpet tape would probably work. There should be no "pull" on the mdf and the mirror itself will hold the packer.

Thanks for replying. I am aiming to have a large mirror. If I go with glass do you think the glueing just being done on the outskirt frame would be enough to hold the mirror?

I have a pine double doored wardrobe that's maybe 24-36" wide, so 12-18" wide mirrors.
They are fitted with what were (I think) Homebase mirrors with 4x screws through the glass (predrilled)
I would have thought acrylic mirror weighs almost nothing.

Sponsored Links
I did some research and it seems like the glass mirror will weight around 8kg. CT-1 should be able to handle it as well as act as a filling for the recess when dried. Does anyone have any thoughts on it?

I suggest using a mirror adhesive. Using something that doesn't say mirror safe risks the mirror being damaged on the glue lines.

If you use a gap filling mirror adhesive, ai think you will be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back