Fitting new cold water tank through loft hatch

L

longdogs

Hi

I need to get a 50 gallon cold water tank (round 33"dia x 24" high) through a standard loft hatch - sorry have not been able to actually measure the hole. My question is; would a tank that size bend enough to get it through? I might have to disconnect the loft ladder which will help.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Stanley blade and some really strong glue :p

Seriously though, you won't really know until you've tried, every make of round tank can be different in its flexibility

You will be surprised at how indestructible those things are!

The trick is to either leave it out in hot sunshine (I know, I know) or get as much hot water as you can muster, and get the thing pliable.

Having got it pliable, don't be afraid to bend it in half, then half again (sometimes requires rope), push it through loft hatch, and Bob's your avuncular relative.

As soon as you fill the misshapen beast up, it will regain its former beauty ;)

Sponsored Links
I considered a coffin tank but wanted to do a quick install so that pipework all connects easily but it's not off the table.

I will check with my local merchants as to how flexible their tanks are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back