replacing cold water tank/fitting shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey all, i have recently bought a salamander ct50 shower pump and want to fit it myself, i also need to move my coldwater tank from above my hot water cylinder and fit it in the loft, are these 2 jobs easy enough for a competant diyer? i want a 50 gallon tank in the loft, which should fit through the loft hatch, also there is the central heating tank in the loft, i'm guessing i don't need to touch that, any help/diagrams etc would be greatly appreciated before i decide wether or not to do the job myself

Sponsored Links
davedasave said:
hey all, i have recently bought a salamander ct50 shower pump and want to fit it myself, i also need to move my coldwater tank from above my hot water cylinder and fit it in the loft, are these 2 jobs easy enough for a competant diyer? i want a 50 gallon tank in the loft, which should fit through the loft hatch, also there is the central heating tank in the loft, i'm guessing i don't need to touch that, any help/diagrams etc would be greatly appreciated before i decide wether or not to do the job myself

The answer to your first question would be yes, assuming that you know what you are doing. The best way to find out what to do is to look it up yourself and not ask someone to tell you!! That way you will remember. If you have a question to clarify something that you are unsure about then ask that :)

what was the point of that? if i knew what i was doing i would do it and not bother you with a question, i obviously don't know what i'm doing, i know it would be easy if i knew what i was doing so thats why i asked for some guidence on what needs to be replaced etc
anymore pointless comments or is someone going to help me out?

davedasave said:
what was the point of that? if i knew what i was doing i would do it and not bother you with a question, i obviously don't know what i'm doing, i know it would be easy if i knew what i was doing so thats why i asked for some guidence on what needs to be replaced etc
anymore pointless comments or is someone going to help me out?

If you think it was a pointless comment then I suggest you get someone in to do this for you. It was a genuine suggestion to point you in the right direction to find out what you need to know.
The point is that you would be better off reading up on what you want to do and then asking a specific question if you need clarification.
BTW until you have read up on what you have to do you aren't a competant DIYer.
Start by reading the instructions you got with the pump...

Sponsored Links
davedasave said:
cheers for that mate, some helpful advice at last

Ever heard of google? or the local library for that matter... In the time you have been waiting for something that you consider to be 'helpful advice' you could have found out everything that you need to know - all on your little lonesome ;)

davedasave said:
yeah yeah, you can be quiet now, some people on here are willing to help me out

What use is an order form for a book to you right now then? A book that won't tell you "How" to do it.

davedasave said:
nothing, it gives me the basic layout of the system cheers

If you mean the diagram of an unvented system on the first page - that ain't what you've got...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back