fitting new radiator in bathroom - match up length ?

If the pipe CENTRES (not the gap between the valves) are 560 ..
A 600 towel rail may actually fit, as 600 is the total width
The pipes enter the towel rail normally 15-20mm from the edge of the rail
times 2 thats 30 -40mm
My 450 towel rail has centres of 420 :)
There are some valves that are stepped so give you about 5 mm adjustment ..called Vogue (straight valve)dont know if they are still made coz local builders yard just run out of them

Sponsored Links
hi,

i think you can get flexible pipes (similiar to tap connectors) that you can use in a CH situation, but man that could look real ugly!!!

The whole point of getting a towel rad to replace your present one is because it will make your bathroom look more presentable.

What you are propsoing doing will look SH*T - as you have already been told.

If you don't know how to change the rad valves and pipework to suit the new rad then you probably shouldn't be doing the job at all.

Sponsored Links
i think it's a no brainer steady he's been told the best ways which a plumber would approach the job, and doesn't seem to want to do it that way.

just do it how u want and admire your effort and stick a laundry basket in front of it :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back