1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Fitting new Toilet Bowl - Sewer connection ??

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by utterlydiy, 12 Jun 2015.

1. utterlydiy

utterlydiy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The seal from the Toilet bowel to Sewer pipe was leaking

So tried to remove the screws holding the bowl to the floor to renew the seal/bend.

Ended up having to demolish the bowl as the screws were rusted and 'best part' the bowl was totally cemented to the floor.

Having a new toilet system and about to lay tiles etc.

The original toilet from when house built 1987, the bowel to sewer was via a short bend into a female/male (like a sleeve), into the seal as shown in picture in the clay pipe.

My question: with the new bend from the toilet bowl into the sewer pipe, do I leave the black seal as seen in picture which stands approx 3cm above the floor or do I remove this and push the new seal bend into the clay pipe.

thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. kazuya

kazuya

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    take out the old seal and push the new one directly into the pipe

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local