Fitting recessed spotlights after re-plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a bit embarrassing but I can't work out how to refit these. The plasterer left them like this so I don't know how the clips go back on. I've fitted clips with 2 examples - in the first one, this makes sense in my head as it would hold the light in place and this *would* allow me to re-fit the lights in the hole but I'm damned if I can get the clips on (managed one only) so I'm doubting if this is correct. In the second, the clips go on easy but I can't then re-fit the light with the clips extended as they're too tight to fit the hole. Can anyone shed any light??

20231126_160826.jpg

20231126_160848.jpg

Sponsored Links
Pull springs upward,against spring pressure, to touch the body of the fitting,( as in first pic)and insert the fitting into the ceiling

thanks @terryplumb , if that's the correct fitting then I'll crack on and try and get those clips on. Cheers

As terry says, push just the long legs in first, as you push in the fitting the ceiling should push on the smaller legs causing the big legs to move down onto the top of the ceiling

Sponsored Links
If the clips have totally fell off, note there's 2 slots on the fitting, to allow for different ceiling thickness

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back