Fitting same carpet throughout house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, apologies if this sounds like a daft question...

I'm doing up our house and plan on putting the same carpet throughout, however, I'm working from room to room and planning on completing upstairs this year and downstairs next year.

I grabbed some cheap carpet and good underlay for my lad's room and did it myself, but am thinking about getting a carpet fitter in for the rest.

To get the same carpet throughout would I/should I usually need to buy it all at the same time or could I get what I need at the time and be confident that I'd get the same carpet in a couple of years' time? I could probably store it all in my cellar if necessary.

TIA.

Sponsored Links
Well I did it as I went, and then found they'd discontinued it when I got the the ground floor. As long as the fitters have sized the rooms, and you've got all the carpet, and it will stay dry in the basement, then that's how I'd handle it.

I imagine the carpet colours can change with batches the same way as wallpaper and paint. In which case i'd want it all to match as closely as possible.

They can but as long as you don't try and match 2 batches in the same room, you can normally get away with it. It's when they stop making it that you're Donald Ducked.

Sponsored Links
Thanks both, getting down to the living room and finding out it's been discontinued is kind of what I'm worried about

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back