Fitting Shower Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking to fit a shower pump to my existing gravity feed system. I have a 50 Gallon Tank in the Loft & 117ltr Cylinder. Which from what I have read so far seems to be sufficient to cope with a adding a pump.

At first I want to just connect the new shower pump to the en suite shower which fortunately enough is directly on the other side of the wall to the cylinder. The storage tank is directly above the cylinder in the loft so minimal pipe work to run to & from the new pump. Everything’s going to be easy....

However, I have now hit a snag as it appears my airing cupboard is too small to fit in a pump at the base of the cylinder. One side it tight up against the wall and the other side has too much other pipe work going off to central heating and other feeds.

I can easily fit a small shelf about level with the top of the cylinder to sit the new shower pump on. However, my question is does this mean I need a negative head shower pump?

I also don’t fancy fitting a Essex Flange so was going to install a Warwick. I assume this is still ok with the pump mounted higher?

In case it matters I was looking at the TechFlow QT80T as I want the quietest pump I can get.

And finally any tips on removing the existing fitting from the top of the cylinder (see picture). It seems pretty seized at present and I am worried about damaging anything. I am assuming the bottom hex head can be undone and that it’s screwed into a female thread on the cylinder.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Luke

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
My advice as an amateur plumber?

Call a profesional for a proper assessment and quote for a job like this. It could end up taking a very long time and causing you an awful lot of expense and hassle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back