2nd Digital Pumped Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I fitted an existing digital pumped shower on our gravity fed system 2 years ago. For the hot feed To the controller/pump I replumbed the output at the top of the h/w cylinder to 45 degrees and teed off that with a loop. The cold feed is direct off a tank connector from a new 50 gallon tank in the loft. It has been working as it should and I would now like to fit a second shower in the loft. Can you advise on the best way to do this. I could either a) tee off the feeds from the cylinder and cold tank to the existing controller to supply the second controller, but I assume that would potentially cause issues, b) fit a second tee and loop on the top of the cylinder and an additional tank connector to feed the new controller or use an old, blanked off Essex flange on the side of the cylinder for the hot feed and fit a new tank connector for the cold.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know that the digital shower manufacturers never seem to mention the use of flanges, which is confusing as I thought they were designed for the purpose of ensuring that no air gets into a pumped shower feed. It would be an easy solution as it’s already there?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back