FITTING SOLID WASTE TO CERAMIC SINK - LEAKS

jrx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have fitted new chrome wastes to a caple ceramic sink, however, I have had to strip them back off as they appear to be leaking underneath.

I have fitted according to the instructions, i.e. rubber/neoprene like washer goes on the underside first then a plastic washer next and then the large metal washer, I have put plumbers mate on the underside of the actual waste before placing it in the hole.. My last sink had the same wastes but these appeared to have a hard substance like a cement? rather than plumbers mate, they never leaked in all the 10 years I had the sink, unfortunately the sink got damaged when we were doing a refit.

Can anyone advise, I like to do these jobs on my own - it makes me feel liberated..............(lol) I think I need something to tighten this large metal nut more, but I don't know what to use??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back