sink waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm fitting a pop up waste to a Kohler sink. The waste has a rubber washer and a locknut. Does the washer go under the sink with the locknut or should it sit in the sink with the locknut underneath. I have tried it with the washer in the sink but leaks appear. I have plumbers mate putty at the ready but would welcome any advice. Needless to say no instructions with the pop up waste.

Sponsored Links
The washer goes under the sink. You could use a tiny amount of plumbers mait on the top of the sink, but be aware that if you use too much it will ooze all over the place.

I always use some LSX on the washer to ensure it is leak-free first time, or at least second time! :)

Many thanks. I shall try the above. The problem appears to be coming from the thread side rather than the basin side. Couldn't get hold of LSX, will Boss supergreen (with ptfe) pipe jointing compound do? How long do I have to wait for it to set?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back