1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Assembly kitchen basket waste strainer to composite granite

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by dugit, 13 Mar 2012.

1. dugit

dugit

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    When I look at the assembly instructions for the kitchen basket waste strainer to my astracast composite granite sink unit, I find that the waste flange sits on a P.E washer and then underneath it has a rubber seal but it says to ensure a watertight seal they recommend silicone sealant be applied between the waste flange and the sink.
    I thought that one used plumbers putty which would then allow you to undo the assembly if you needed to?

2. transam

transam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Use silicone , it will come apart if required . Ditch the washer that fits "in" the sink

plumbers putty or plumbers mate as we used to call it ? can u still get it ??

3. Sponsored Links
  4. TicklyT

TicklyT

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've still got a tub - it makes a great paperweight!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. dugit

dugit

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    OK I will use silicone and ditch the washer which is so flimsy it seems to be a nonsense.
    A small tub of plumbers mate I have had since about 1972 which I remember I got when I moved into another house.
    Thanks for the replies
    Dugit

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links