Generic basket strainer wastes for branded sinks....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm looking to buy a ceramic kitchen sink made by Shaws. It's a sink and a half so I need two basket strainers. The Shaws ones are over £40 each.... OUCH! So I'm hoping to use cheaper generic ones.

The shop I'm looking to get the sink from advised us to use the Shaws ones to ensure a good fit. So I'm just coming here for a second opinion because if I can save some money by fitting generic/standard basket strainers I'd much prefer to do that.

Oh, and while I'm hear if anyone can recommend a decent well priced basket strainer waste, I'm all ears.

Huge thanks

Max

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply mate.

We have already got the tap:

http://www.franke.com/kitchensystem...rich/zurich/115_0061_579_detail.ksflash.html

And have been advised to get one of these plumbing kits:

http://www.caple.co.uk/sinks-taps/accessories/plumbing-kits/cpk200/

As for basket strainers, because we want them to match the silk steel of the tap we want to get some which are also made by Franke and finished in silk steel. I've emailed a few places though and they all say they don't sell the Shaws Brindle Sink and do not do a basket strainer for it. One company says: "You would need to get a shaws basket strainer waste to ensure it fits".

So I'm left wondering whether they are being overly cautious or if there is something unique about the Shaws sink which means only Shaws basket strainers will work.....

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Classic_brindle.jpg

90mm diameter hole is fairly standard for a sink designed for waste disposal or basket strainer waste.
Silky steel finish will be your biggest problem.

"You'll need to use the manufacturers own......." is a regular cop-out for DGF* merchants who can't be bothered to find out.

(*Don't Give a Damn - or something like that.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back