Belfast sink - waste strainer/waste disposal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an old Belfast sink in our kitchen.

At the moment our only waste 'straining/disposal' is a simple sink strainer. I would love to either have a proper waste disposal unit installed or at least a decent basket strainer.

Two questions:

- I am struggling to find a waste disposal unit that might fit in the space available and offer batch feed operation (we don't want a continuous one). The best that I can find is the Insinkerator Evolution 100, but it is unclear whether it could be adapted with the cover in order for it to be a batch feed operation, due to the thickness of our ceramic sink. Not really sure who can advise me on this.

- If we ditch the waste disposal idea and just buy a basket strainer, how do we remove the existing plughole and install the strainer? Is it possible and is it too small a job for a plumber??

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Waste disposals and basket strainers require a bigger hole that that in a standard Belfast sink.

If you want a Belfast-style sink with strainer/disposal you'll have to fit a new one.
Leisure do one.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back