kitchen sink - strainer basket waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to get a strainer basket waste for a sink with only a 2" (50mm) aperture? I'm hoping I don't have to replace the sink.

I have recently moved house and we used to have one of the std 3.5" strainer baskets, but now just have a std waste with a plug. Those awful sink strainers that you place on top of the plug hole just don't cut it.

I have seen some smaller ones - 60mm, but not 50mm. I think the overall width flange size is 85mm - and I believe I have since something on McAlpines website, but I'm just not sure if its for a 50mm aperture.
Appreciate anyones help/comments.

Sponsored Links
can aynone help please? Does anyone know? I have seen 2 inch versions on US websites, but I don't know if their threads and sizes would be compatible with our stuff over here - I guess not.

I know it has been some time since yoiu posted your question, did you find one in the end as i am in the same situation. Any help would be a appreciated.

Google Mcalpine. They manufacture a range of products, including wastes. Might have something that would fit your requirements.

Sponsored Links
I know it has been some time since yoiu posted your question, did you find one in the end as i am in the same situation. Any help would be a appreciated.

Hi. I have found myself in the same boat. Could you let me know if you had any luck please.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back