Fitting two lights in garage and double light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Excellent website and forum.

I have checked the FAQ here and I think I know what to do but I'd just like a sanity check.

I have replaced my garage with a new one. The old cable now runs into the garage from the house. The cable is quite old but in good condition and has red black and green. I'll be splitting this 2 ways. One to a double plug socket and the other to the light switch. This will be with up to date cable. Brown/blue and yellow-green.

I want to fit a internal light and external light to the garage and activate using a double light switch. One switch for each light.

The light switch has a terminal for each switch

Com - L1/L2
Com - L1/L2

I can wire the brown to the Com with another brown to link to the other Com. The brown from one light can go to the first L1 and the brown from the other light to the second L1. All the blues can feed into a single connector. Earths will be connected back through the circuit to the original cable.

Does this make sense?

Sponsored Links
sounds about right..

my personal preference is to use double pole grid switches though as this removes the need to have the neutrals in a connector in the back of the box..

also the lighting circuit should be fed from a fused spur off the socket..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back