Fitting under sink water heater with expansion tank...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am in the process of fitting an Ariston 10L under sink water heater but am getting conflicting information from plumbers...

It would appear from what I have been told that the regulations change as to who is permitted to fit these when an expansion tank is added into the equation. I have already had one plumber state that he cannot fit this once an expansion tank is used.

In my case an expansion tank has to be used as the first outlet is less than 4.5m from the heater itself.

Can anybody cast some light on this for me.

Is it a job that I would be able to undertake myself, as nobody seems to want to take it on?

All advice and comments greatly appreciated.

GT Berry...

Sponsored Links
It has to be installed exactly in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.

Since water expands 1600 times when its over 100°C and depressurised it can cause a house to be destroyed so its quite important that its done properly !

It sounds as if you bought it second hand for £10 in a boot sale and expect a plumber to fit it for £30.

They cost around £120 new and would be about the same for fitting properly by an experienced plumber with public liability insurance.

Tony

As it is under 15 litres then it is not covered by the un-vented G3 regs, but as Tony says the M I's MUST be followed to the letter ;)

Thanks for your advice - it is a brand new unit being fitted into a newly built conversion. There is no problem with paying a plumber to do it, if they wouldn't keep letting me down!

I shall keep looking thanks for your advice.

GTB.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back