Fitting UPVC Door.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks,
I am about to fit myself a UPVC door for the first time and am just looking for advice if possible. :)
It is a back door with sill. I know I need to put a bead of silicone on the sill towards the inner edge before screwing to the frame to allow drainage, but what about sealing around the frame...

The ground slopes down a little towards the door so it is a wet spot. Do you just put a bed of silicone on the ground and then sit the frame with sill in this and then seal around with silicone gun after fixing/foaming?

Also if finishing the door with trims do you seal the door frame and then put trims on or put trims on and then seal around these instead?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You also need to seal the ends of the cill under the frame.

Fit the cill 1st and use packers to get it level, Then take the cill out and seal along the brick using the packers as a guide to how deep you need to seal.

Finishing the door you can do either way or both even.

Thanks for the reply mate.
Do you mean seal the sil ends with silicone around end caps and push them in?
Then lift off sill and put silicon all the way along the ground (over the packers), then screw sill to frame and refit the whole lot?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back