Fitting washing machine to soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to fit a washing machine (or dishwasher*) in my kitchen by using a boss clamp onto the plastic vertical soil stack that goes through the kitchen. Can I do this? I'm concerned that even with the U-bend in the washing machine pipe that it might burb smells (or worse solids!) when the toilet is flushed upstairs! I was planning on drilling the pipe around 6 inches from the ground.

* washing machine/dishwasher decision is yet to be made. Currently we only have room for a washing machine but by moving the fridge out & using the gap g=created with this new connection we can fit both in the kitchen!

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
No problem with a trap on the waste pipe.

Hi all, Fitted the boss clamp Saturday, left for 24 hours for solvent weld to set & tried it out. Unfortunately it weeps at the solvent weld joint. The soil stack is the original from the house & is approximately 1970 & definitely plastic. There is another boss higher up so I assume it must be solvent weld compatible (or is there another way to fit bosses to soil stacks?) I think I may not have used enough solvent weld cement. I was doing it quick to make sure I stuck the two together in the required time. However, the glue didn't seep out from the edge of the joint all the way round. I was using a Floplast boss from srewfix (if that makes a difference). I assume I need to take the boss off, clean up the pipe as best as I can (wire wool but does it need to look perfect & all glue removed?) then fit a new boss with lots of glue!

Any thoughts help/confirmation appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back