Fixed Co ax splitter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where can I get a sealed co ax y splitter?

I need to split 1 co ax in to 2 and the splitter is to be installed under the floor. As it'll be unaccessible after install I'd like a splitter where the cable conductors are screwed in to terminal blocks with some sort of gland on the sheath to hold it all tightly in place.

Does something like this exist?

Sponsored Links
Not the best option.

There are splitters for co-ax intended for permanent wiring but mostly they are soldered or miniature screw terminals to reduce loss of signal due to mis-matches with the cable ( impedance mis-matches, complex things ).

Two types, resistive with significant loss of signal and inductive with not so much loss of signal.

If there has to be a splitter then put it where it can be accessed to allow up grade if needed.

IMO the best soloution would be to use a splitterwith F connectors and use crimped F connectors on the cable.

Only downside is the crimp tool may be a little pricey.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back