fixed copper tap tail connection please help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of fitting a new kitchen tap it has fixed copper tap tails permenenty fixed into the tap with screw threads on the end of each tail. The copper tails wont come out they are solded in. the problem is i cant screw a flexi tap tail into it as its too big and i also tryed to fit a push fit connector (10mm) on but again too big. i cant really cut them because they are quite short, is there anyone who could suggest a solution? or anywhere i could purchase some kind of adaptor.

any advice much appreiciated thankyou :p

Sponsored Links
hi i cant say i have seen monoblock mixers with very short tails normally they are made for the british market and have tails to 15mm copper which are soft copper as well so they bend easy once they are through the hole of the unit, I am wondering if the threads on the end are 3/8bsp if they are you can get bushes to reduce 1/2" BSP down
i have seen them in 10mm on bidets etc but again the usually have addaptors to 15mm Copper
where did you buy them perhaps they might have some addaptors for them

mick

Sounds like you have Yorkshire female iron fittings, if you can cut through the copper pipe just below the fittings yuo can get compression swivel tap connectors, these are longer than the fittings you have.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back