Fixed overhead shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's not hugely more expensive to have a fixed overhead shower combined with a "regular" shower.
As opposed to just having a "regular" wall mounted shower.

This type of thing:
246506_R_Z001

Any particular pros/cons to the fixed overhead I should be aware of?
Most shower units advertised appear not to have them which is why I wondered.

I have a combi boiler, in case that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Most times I get asked to fit one of these, it's because the overhead is for the man of the house who always wants a proper soaking and the handset is for the ladies, who don't always want to get their hair wet when having a shower! Other than that, get a good brand otherwise it'll tarnish, seize up and fall to bits in 18 months!

If you want something like that, you need one that's capable of coping with the relatively low flow rate coming from your combi or you'll find that you don't get a proper spray pattern. The Ideal Standard one you've posted will be fine, but check the specs if you're looking at others

Sponsored Links
If you want something like that, you need one that's capable of coping with the relatively low flow rate coming from your combi or you'll find that you don't get a proper spray pattern. The Ideal Standard one you've posted will be fine, but check the specs if you're looking at others
My combi boiler flow rate is up to 12.3Ltr/min.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back