Fixed priced British Gas emergency repair as per the advert

Sponsored Links
But a £150 PCB (Ferroli anyone?) and there is a loss right away. Swings and roundabouts isn't it? Obviously 1000 jobs at £168 must lead to some sort of profit margin. I know people who are already kicking the behind out of this deal...burst back boiler heat exchanger...I know who I'd phone with my "water leak at a fire". BTW just done the web site check for my post code - £144inc VAT

i would read the terms and conditions before you phone for your free heat exchanger. :LOL:

MrBenchmark said:
I keep seeing this annoying BG advert on tv.
So how much is the fixed fee.
Lets imagine we are an old lady in surrey, our pilot light is failing to stay alight, its most probably the thermocouple (6 quid).
We ring Bg and they come round that £168 thank you LOL

https://www.britishgas.biz/oca_calculator/Prices.aspx?bgc=n&l=SOUTH_EAST[/QUOTE]

Yes and then it goes out again so she calls back gets a second visit under the 12 month guarantee and a 150 quid gas valve, has a little bit of a whinge that it has taken 3 visits to sort completely but still has only spent the money she paid on her initial outlay. Thanks again.
This is Bg's next major push to start clearing up the non contract market so expect to hear a lot more about it.

At the end of the day Bg can pick up these pricey parts due to economies of scale, the parts cost them peanuts.

Sponsored Links
I find it quite annoying the the advert does not include the small print !!!

Particularly the exclusions!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back