Fixing a stuck shower tap diverter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

The diverter in the hand shower in my bathroom is stuck and refuses to budge. Wanted to get inputs on how to fix, or better replace it without replacing the whole tap and shower unit.

Attached is a pic of it.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20170131_215150.jpg
    20170131_215150.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 2,813
Sponsored Links
Unless you know the manufacturer of the tap it'll be nearly impossible to find a spare part for it. New tap time

No manufacturer name on the tap or shower :(

And that would make things even more difficult as I have no clue how to replace that tap, do I need to partially disassemble the tub to access the lock nuts for the tap?

Sponsored Links
No manufacturer name on the tap or shower :(

And that would make things even more difficult as I have no clue how to replace that tap, do I need to partially disassemble the tub to access the lock nuts for the tap?
As you've only shown a close-up of the tap it's difficult to give advice on the tub we can't see

Hi guys,

The diverter in the hand shower in my bathroom is stuck and refuses to budge. Wanted to get inputs on how to fix, or better replace it without replacing the whole tap and shower unit.

Attached is a pic of it.

Thanks

Have you tried doing 'anything' with it? Unscrewing/manipulation/wd40?
Try those first - 10 mins may just get it freed up!

Usually a jammed washer on the diverter.

Access is by unscrewing the diverter knob or by raising the knob to expose the hexagon flats that will allow you to remove the diverter mechanism.

Rewasher, grease and replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back