Fixing Angle beads outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I hoping to get some tips on exterior rendering.

I've built some low walls from medium density concrete block, and they already have a scratch coat from a plasterer who has disappeared off the face of the earth, which is rather infuriating.

I'm getting kinda hacked off with this kind of attitude from tradesmen so I'm considering tackling fitting the angle beads and perhaps doing the float coat myself as I'm quite handy. I've always shied away from plastering as it's always portrayed as the holy grail of trades, but having successfully tackled the bricklaying (having never done it before) without any problems, I'm feeling more confident about possibly taking this on.

Can anyone give me pointers firstly for fitting the stainless steel angle beads? Do I nail them into position first with some galvanized nails or would i be better actually cementing them into place, while I'm doing the float coat?

And finally when I come to do my float coat, do I need to PVA the scratch coat first, or just wet it? I'm considering used a mix of 5 fine plastering sand 1 part cement? would that do the trick? And are you supposed to add the sand and cement to the water, like mixing plaster, or the other way round, as i have been doing with the rest of the concrete mixes.

Lots of questions so sorry!! but any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Bewdy just browse thru the posts and you will find all your answers if not, we will tell you what you want to know,,, ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back