Fixing batten to a dot dab wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to attach a projector screen to my wall and need it to be around 5cm from wall to allow it to pass in front of TV. In my old house I did this by screwing 2 pieces of batten 2.5 cm each end where screen would go. Then screwing another Batton on top giving me 5cm then hanging screen off the 2 pieces of Batton. I had an old house with solid walls. In my newer house 1979 built I have an eternal dot dab wall. It has blocks behind the plaster board. How would I attach the batten to the wall without causing damage to plasterboards. Screen is around 20 kg in weight

Can I just use normal rawl plugs and screw into those or will that damage the plasterboard etc

I have seen these fixings but wonder if it's overkill

http://www.drylinepro.com/DrylinePro-Products/8-Fixing-Kit.html

Sponsored Links
You don’t need anything special standard screws and plugs work , just need extra 20-25mm on the screw length .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back