Fitting Kitchen wall units to Plasterboard

26 Jun 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I'm replacing my kitchen but unsure what are the best fixings to use to fit the wall units.
The kitchen is to be fitted to three walls, two walls are plasterboard "dot & dabbed" to block walls and the other wall is plasterboard screwed to battens.
The old units seemed to fixed on "dot & dab" walls by long screws through the plasterboard into solid block but with no rawl plugs etc in block, just screwed directly into the block wall.
The old units on battened wall were fixed with metal self drill / redi-drivas fixings.

What are the best fixings to use for kitchens units to plasterboard walls?

Sponsored Links
long screw and rawl plug into the blockwork...
for the stud wall.. cut out the plasterboard behind the unit and replace with 9mm or 12mm plywood.. ( to suit plasterboard thickness.. )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links