fixing battens to dot and dab plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I know this is pretty basic stuff but I have just dot and dabbed a bathroom with plasterboard, and I am about to tile. I was going to run a couple of battens horizontal and vertical on the wall for nice straight edges to work to. I can easily fix these battens to the plasterboard for this but what is the best way, would nails do, or would you use proper plasterboard fixings(which might hit the block wall behind), or is there some other simple way that works?

I was going to say how would a pro do it so that he can easily remove the battens and replace on next wall quickly and simply but then I doubt if a pro would be using battens.

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I would nail them, assuming there is a block work wall behind the board you could nail through the board into the block so it holds ok.

If it's brick and it doesn't feel secure just in the board then drill through to the brick and knock a normal plug through the board into the hole, you could then screw or nail into that instead.

Tim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back