Fixing car port roof to house and hollow block boundary wall

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Just finalising details of my 5.4m long x 3.6m wide car port type roof to go between house and 2m high boundary wall. Open ends. 175mm x 44mm joists at 450mm ctrs fixed to ledgers with joist hangers. TG&V timber deck with EPDM membrane.

Fixing ledger to boundary wall
2m high 215mm hollow block wall with concrete capping. Fair-faced my side, dry dash on other side (public green space). I am aiming to run the roof into the underside of concrete wall capping - down circa 75mm to facilitate small box gutter detail.
I will be bolting the 75 x 150 ledger along its centre line into the top row of hollow blocks circa 150mm down from top of block (i.e. 65mm up from underside of block)
What are best fixings and location - into actual hollow block or into mortar joint ?
I could aim for centre nib of hollow block but could this crumble ?
Happy to use resin if required but would like some advice on location.

Fixing ledger to house
Looking at M10 thunderbolt type fixings into 100mm blockwork outerleaf inbetween joists at 450mm ctrs. What depth into block work is recommend for these type fixings - I need to allow for dry dash render also. My plan is to aim for 50mm ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back