Fixing CH delay after DHW useage on Ferroli F24?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Ferroli F24 combi boiler, installed as part of a central heating system that was present when I purchased the property I live in. All is well except for the boiler shutting down the heating for three minutes after hot water is used, however briefly. I'm aware that this is 'normal operation' according to the manual. However I also notice that there is a jumper on the main PCB (JP01) which enables or disables a shutdown/reignition delay. Is this the same delay as causes the 3 minute wait after hot water useage? And if so, are there any issues with disabling the delay?

Many thanks,
Matt

Sponsored Links
I dont think that it is.

As far as I am aware without altering the component values you cannot prevent the delay before CH.

Tony

Thanks Tony. Shame; I'd love to know why Ferroli saw fit to design it like that.

Matt

Hi Matt it is there to protect the primary heat exchanger from overheating and warping or other damage you should never notice any difference when using the boiler though

Sponsored Links
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the wisdom. All my previous combis have switched seamlessly back to CH after DHW useage, which is why I found it strange.

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back