fixing curtain rail on dot and dab (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my walls re plastered nearly two years ago. Ive decided in said room i wanted curtains hanging drilled the holes to find theres a cavity behind the plaster about and inch or two deep then bricks and no render. My concern is that if i put my curtain rail up itll pull all the plaster off? Any suggestions would greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Corefix should work

Edit- that is assuming that your curtain fittings will work with 5mm diameter screws.

Corefix has a metal sleeve that helps to distribute the downward load on the plasterboard. The fittings have a plastic collar, whilst it means that you don't need to worry about the screw pulling in the plasterboard, you may, or may not, need to use a countersink to bury the collar under the plasterboard skim.

Last edited:
4 inch screws or plasterboard fixings depending on your curtain weight.

Sponsored Links
If you want to do the job once, do it properly. Drill through into the brickwork, use plasplugs, put up brackets for a rail that you will use for years to come.

Relying on the plasterboard is a recipe for disaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back