Fixing down threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got a steel security door with an aluminium threshold on a concrete floor. The threshold has bent up about 3-4mm at the middle and is stopping the door closing. Tapping the threshold down with hammer doesn't work as it springs back. I need a small fixing that will be flush with the thinnish threshold so a small countersunk screw would work but I can't remove the threshold to put in a rawlplug.
I have looked at masonry screws but they seem to start at about 5mm which is too big. I don't need a large holding force.

Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Drill and countersink plate sort out a suitable length stainless or other rustproof screw, drill a hole in the cement with masonry drill, hoover out. Use a small plastic plug/strip of old fibre rawlplug or matchsticks and screw into it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back