fixing into cinder block wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wanting to fix a bracket for a wall-mounted tv to a cinder block wall in my son's bedroom. The fixings supplied state that they're not suitable for cinder block. The wall is only 3.5 inches thick including the plaster both sides. The tv will be almost flush with the wall and weighs approx 22 pounds. Has anyone done this or give any suggestions as to what fixings to use ? many thanks.

Sponsored Links
that is a really thin wall - and those old cinder blocks ( original breeze) are soft - seriously could you go right through and bury a large diameter washer in the opposite side plaster- then a bolt through and polyfilla over the washer and bolt heads.

thanks for the suggestion.yes in theory i could do that but in practice my OH won't hear of it as on the other side of the wall is the landing which,sod's law, i've just newly decorated. bad timing i know.

Sponsored Links
A resin anchor will do, with a 50mm fixing into the block.

If this is a small flat screen, then you can use the normal bracket. If this is larger than 32", and the bracket is one of those small things, then you may be better off fixing a piece of 12mm plyboard first to space the fixings out a bit

thanks woody, the tv is a 32" and the bracket is amply big enough for that size with numerous fixing points so will try your suggestion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back