Fixing My Decking to my house advice please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to fix my decking to my home however i am looking for a strong way to do this. Its not going to be bearing a great weight (mainly to stop the decking moving) i will be using six 3 x 3 posts to support it. (Its also only inches off the floor.

I didnt want to use a ledger plate (timber length) against the house because i want air flow around the decking.

The deck is just a 4.8 x 2.4 rectangle and one of the 4.8 joists is stepped back a few inches to keep it away from the house. (Hope this makes sense) I was consider using 2 large galavansed "l" brackets and anchor bolts to attach to the wall. Any one got any suggestions or advice?

Cheers Neil

Sponsored Links
Hi,

You can buy stainless steel studs and use a resin adhesive to bond them into holes drilled into the wall. Use spacers between the joist and the wall and then washers and nuts the other side of the joist.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back