Fixing new shower mixer, fittings too far back to use trim!

N

nobby1

Hi all,

I am replacing my old shower mixer with a new one (right now). Unfortunately the trim will not fit behind the mixer unit because the tiling that is in place is over an inch from the fitting that is attached to the pipe going down the wall.

The previous occupants have tiled so far forward that the wall fittings are sitting back too far. Unfortunately this could not been seen before I started the work.

The connectors are both screw in e.g. the buried connector is female thread and the mixer is a female thread connected together using a offset connector.

I do not want to re-tile the entire bathroom just to fit it as it should so could anybody give some helpful suggestions?

Thanks
Nigel

Sponsored Links
You could extend the female socket forward by about an inch (that might be too much though) by using a nipple and socket:

ae235
ae235

Use plenty of PTFE and don't undo them. Or this new loctite 55 stuff that they have now (which I haven't yet had the pleasure of using yet).

By how much are the existing sockets too far back?

Thank you.

The face of the thread is about 5/8th from the face of the tile.

I am trying the american la-co's slic-tite stuff which feels too loose. I think I will end up using the loctite 55, it has good reviews.

I will have a go tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestion.

How much does each extension extend?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back