Fixing of Galvanised Back boxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've chased out holes for the Galv back boxes for my sockets/lights, but because the bricks were very hard I've ended up making a bit of a mess, so the face which I should screw the back box too is full of deep ridges. I've used one coat plaster to give a flat surface.
Now my question is legally should the back boxes be fixed by screwing or can I get away with no nails.

Sponsored Links
I've chased out holes for the Galv back boxes for my sockets/lights, but because the bricks were very hard I've ended up making a bit of a mess, so the face which I should screw the back box too is full of deep ridges. I've used one coat plaster to give a flat surface.
Now my question is legally should the back boxes be fixed by screwing or can I get away with no nails.

Personally, I would fix them with screws. People have "No Nailed", "Nailed" & and even held them in place with cement and plaster in the past.

But, as I say, I would drill, rawl plug & Screw.

As long as they are secure you can use what you like. Not using screws removes one way of chafing cables.

When you had that plaster mixed, why didn't you.....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back