Fixing Plasterboard to Sheet Insulation Boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am not sure whether this is the correct forum, if I am wrong I would like to apologise first.

I want to the line the inside walls of a room with Kingspan/Cellotex or similar.

In the past I have battened the room with 2x2 then infilled the spaces and plasterboarded the walls.

Is it possible to fix the insulation directly to the wall then fix plasterboard over it?

I can find fixings for the insulation board but not sure how to fix the plasterboard to the insulation board.

To buy the insulation with the plasterboard already bonded is very expensive.

Thanks for reading. Any help will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You can get poly backed p/board of various thickness and dot and dab it to the wall. It will be alot cheaper than battening out and filling with insulation.

Thanks Roy C

I have not done any exact costings, but the last time I looked at the cost of the insulating boards with plasterboard bonded to the, they seemed very expensive compared to just a sheet of plasterboard and a sheet of insulation.

I guess I did not factor into the price the timber and labour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back