Fixing plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

I need to plasterboard my kitchen however I’m really tight on space as I’ve already ordered the kitchen, I’ve got about 30mm to play with from left to right so I’m planning on using 9mm boards, I’ve been told I might get a tighter fit using expanding foam, does anyone have any views on this or any better ideas.
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 66
Sponsored Links
9mm plasterboard and thin layer of plasterboard adhesive.
If the walls are dusty, treat them first with a stabilizer.

9mm plasterboard and thin layer of plasterboard adhesive.
If the walls are dusty, treat them first with a stabilizer.

Thanks for that, would I just need to cover them with watered down pva or is SBR better?

I personally use pva and sika proof on a 50/50 mix.
Others use sbr or apd.
I wouldn't use pva on its own.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't trust it because I've seen it peel off.

Sponsored Links
The double gang socket to the left of the consumer unit looks like the cable feeding it runs at 45 degrees. Just remember that if drilling near it.

The double gang socket to the left of the consumer unit looks like the cable feeding it runs at 45 degrees. Just remember that if drilling near it.
Thanks, consumer unit and all sockets are being moved and replaced so all will be good. (Hopefully lol)

alter the plan. who designed it?
lose an end panel or filler (18mm) . or fit a smaller unit somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back