Adhesive thickness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've had to replace a segment of plasterboard and it had some very thick dot and dab against the brick wall.

I was planning on using some plasterboard adhesive foam but don't think it'll bring the board level with the other walls.

Would I be better battening, then screwing the boards or just going back to thick dot and dab? I presume the adhesive won't expand enough to fill the gap? It's approx 30mm.

This is an external facing wall but it's aerated breeze I'd be going onto.

Sponsored Links
Use two bits of plasterboard stuck together, that should get you down to less than 20mm which the foam should be able to do

Use two bits of plasterboard stuck together, that should get you down to less than 20mm which the foam should be able to do
Can I run strips of plasterboard then stick to that? Seems a waste of a full panel and I've plenty of scrap lengths.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back